2022-2023 Academic Year
PLEASE READ THESE PROVISIONS
Community Dining Membership (“Membership”) is offered by Campus Dining, a unit of the Cal Poly Corporation, to the Member (student, staff, or faculty at Cal Poly San Luis Obispo). By using the Membership, the Member agrees to the following terms and conditions:
- USING THE MEMBERSHIP. Membership is used to purchase food items from dining venues on campus, and is a dollar for dollar declining balance account. Value expires at the end of the academic year on June 18, 2023. Available dining dollars include dining dollars and bonus dining dollars. Dining dollars are redeemed before bonus dining dollars.
- MEMBERSHIP. All Cal Poly students, faculty and staff are able to become Members by purchasing Membership, per the terms of this agreement.
- ACCESS. Membership is a type of “Value Account Plan” that is accessed through the magnetic strip on the back of the Student’s University ID card (“PolyCard”), or the ISO number for electronic purchases using a mobile food ordering platform. Members must present the PolyCard to purchase goods with the Membership at registers. It is the Member’s responsibility to acquire the PolyCard before using the Membership. Campus Dining provides all food service support at the University, and can be contacted at 805-756-5939 or email@example.com
- VENUES. Other venues may be added or changed (or names changed) throughout the year. Venues may be open for limited hours, which will be posted at each venue. Membership can be used for food services at all restaurants on campus.
- PURCHASE AND ADDITIONAL LOADS. Membership can be purchased, and subsequent loads can be added, for a set number of dining dollars (value) by logging into the MyCalPoly portal (http://my.calpoly.edu), going to the Money Matters tab, and clicking on the “Go to My Account or Place Order” link, by credit card Visa, MasterCard, or Discover. Online purchase and additional loads by credit card are usually instantaneous but may be delayed due to network traffic. Restitution is required for overdrafts resulting from purchases made while the register system may be off-line, with the computer server showing updated balances.
- CANCELLATION. Membership in Poly 2250, Poly 1500, Poly 1000 and Poly 500 can be canceled at any time with no cancellation fee. Any unspent dining dollars balance less bonus dining dollars and rollover dining dollars will be refunded to the Member. Bonus dining dollars and rollover dining dollars are nonrefundable. When the dining plan is used the dining dollars that rolled over from 2021-22 are used first, followed by the dining plan dollars, then finally the bonus dollars. Members who purchased their Membership through the University Housing portal (StarRez platform) will have their refund credited to their student account with University Student Accounts Office. Members who purchased through the Cal Poly portal’s Money Matters link (JSA platform) will receive their refund on the same card used to make the Membership purchase, or via check. Fill out this form to request a cancellation.
- FORFEITURE. Any unused dining dollars on the Membership will be forfeited at the end of each academic year after the expiration date June 18, 2023.
- ROLLOVER. Any unused dining dollars on the Membership can rollover to the next academic year if a Community membership plan for 2023-2024 academic year is purchased by June 20, 2023, and maintained.
- PURCHASING WHEN MEMBER MAY HAVE MULTIPLE VALUE ACCOUNT PLANS. There are multiple “Value Account Plans” available to Members on campus and all are accessed through the PolyCard. The registers are generally set to deduct value from the PolyCard in the following order: Dining Credits, Plu$ Dollars, Mustang Meal Share, Community Membership Plan, and then Campus Express. Members are to select the desired payment account when using a mobile food ordering platform.
- NO TRANSFERS. The use of the Membership is limited to the Member whose name appears on the PolyCard. The value and Membership may not be resold, assigned, transferred, or used by anyone else without prior authorization of Campus Dining.
- UNAUTHORIZED USE. Unauthorized use of the PolyCard or the Membership value, including use by a party other than the person identified on the PolyCard, or tampering with or altering the PolyCard may warrant confiscation and possible disciplinary action by the University, a fine, and possible forfeiture of value expended.
- LOST OR STOLEN CARDS. The Member is responsible for any charges on a lost or stolen PolyCard. Member is responsible for maintaining the integrity of the PolyCard in good working order. The PolyCard must be readable by Campus Dining’s cash registers in order for a purchase to be transacted. It is the Member’s responsibility to report a lost or stolen PolyCard to the University’s PolyCard Office.
- NO INTEREST. No interest or other earnings will be credited to the account by Cal Poly Corporation.
- MISCELLANEOUS. Any situation not specifically addressed herein will be resolved at the sole discretion of Campus Dining. Campus Dining cannot be responsible for payments that are lost, late, misdirected, mutilated, or delayed. Campus Dining is not responsible for incomplete, incorrect, or illegible entries made by the Member during the application or add value process.
- AMENDMENT OF TERMS. Campus Dining may amend the terms of this Contract at any time.