As we plan to replace and renovate many of our major facilities, we are focusing on Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) certification standards. These new buildings will lead the way in site and materials conservation, water conservation, energy efficiency and conservation, and improved air quality. Nearly $37 million is projected to be invested in erecting these green buildings.
Currently, 26 percent of Campus Dining’s vehicle fleet runs on electricity. As we add new vehicles, their fuel efficiency is a major criteria. We will also examine alternative modes of transportation, like bicycles for deliveries.
How can you reduce your impact?
- Ride or walk instead of drive.
- Reuse or repurpose. Turn that empty care package box your parents sent into a laundry hamper or place for your cat to nap.
- Buy second hand furniture.
- Sort your trash into recycle and compost.
- Create your own green living space with organic bedding, LED light bulbs, and smart power strips that turn off electronics.