It takes a lot of energy to serve 20,000 students, faculty and staff everyday. To conserve resources, Campus Dining continually looks for ways to conserve energy and water. We have eliminated trays and have purchased newer more efficient equipment. Together, these two actions have saved 17 million gallons of water.
How can you reduce your impact?
- Try raw food over cooked and save cooking power
- When you cook, double up the recipe for leftovers and use less energy.
- Choose energy efficient appliances like your dorm room fridge.
- Wash only full loads of laundry or combine with a friend or roommate
- Avoid taking multiple showers in a day
- Report water leaks right away